Home > Church History > Church History Today – June 1st

Church History Today – June 1st

June 1, 1933 – The Church opened a 500-foot exhibit in the Hall of Religions at the Century of Progress World’s Fair in Chicago, Ill. The exhibit was prepared by famed LDS sculptor Avard Fairbanks

June 1, 1950 – President George Albert Smith dedicated a statue of Brigham young at the nation’s Capitol.

June 1, 1988 – The Church was granted legal recognition in Hungary, the first of several such steps in Eastern European nations during the next two years.

June 1, 1997 – A letter from the First Presidency announced significant modifications to the curriculum and gospel study program for the Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society, providing a similar meeting and instruction schedule for both organizations.

June 1, 1999 – The Mormon Youth Chorus and Symphony was disbanded, and the chorus, renamed the Temple Square Chorale, became a training choir for the Tabernacle Choir. The symphony orchestra was reorganized under a new name, the Orchestra at Temple Square.

  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.