Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Aaronic Priesthood’

Church History – November

November 20th, 2009 No comments

November 1947 – Some 75 tons of potatoes, raised and donated by Dutch members, were delivered to needy families in Germany. A year later, the German Saints harvested their own crop of potatoes.

November 1961 – A Language Training Institute was established at Brigham Young University for missionaries called to foreign countries. In 1963, it became the Language Training Mission.

November 1972 – The MIA was realigned into the Aaronic Priesthood and Melchizedek Priesthood MIA and was placed directly under priesthood leadership.

Church History Today – August 31st

August 31st, 2009 No comments

August 31, 1954 – The First Presidency approved a plan to ordain young men of the Aaronic Priesthood to the office of teacher at age 14 and priest at age 16. The previous ages were 15 and 17.