Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Language Training Mission’

Church History – November

November 20th, 2009 No comments

November 1947 – Some 75 tons of potatoes, raised and donated by Dutch members, were delivered to needy families in Germany. A year later, the German Saints harvested their own crop of potatoes.

November 1961 – A Language Training Institute was established at Brigham Young University for missionaries called to foreign countries. In 1963, it became the Language Training Mission.

November 1972 – The MIA was realigned into the Aaronic Priesthood and Melchizedek Priesthood MIA and was placed directly under priesthood leadership.

Church History Today – October 26th

October 26th, 2009 No comments

October 26, 1979 – The Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah, previously the Language Training Mission constructed in 1976, began training all missionaries.

Church History Today – September 9th

September 9th, 2009 No comments

September 9, 1978 – A new missionary training program was announced: Missionaries to English-speaking missions would receive four weeks training while those learning other languages would continue to receive eight weeks training at the new Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah, which replaced the Language Training Mission and the Mission Home in Salt Lake City.

September 9-10, 2002 – President Hinckley became the first Church president to visit Russia and Ukraine.